If you are located outside of the United States, please note that a Site is hosted in the United States. Therefore, your information, including any personal information provided pursuant to a Site may be processed and stored in the United States. As a result, United States federal and state governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through laws applicable in the United States. Your use of the Site or your submission of any information to us will constitute your consent to the transfer of your information outside of your home country, which may result in different data protection rules than in your country. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about how your information may be processed or stored in the United States.
Sephardic Community Alliance and its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to us as “we,” “our” or “us” in this policy).
We collect the following types of information in the manner described below.
1. You may voluntarily provide us with information, including:
3. We may automatically collect other information about you, including:
4. We may collect information about you from publicly available sources.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes, including:
We retain your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collect it, except if required otherwise by law.
1. Third Parties. We may use third parties to perform functions in connection with a Site. We may share information about you that they need to perform their functions and in accordance with our agreements with them.
2. Third Parties for Their Promotional Purposes. Where permitted by applicable law, we may share your information with third parties for their promotional purposes. Please see Your European Privacy Rights and Your California Privacy Rights below.
3. Business Changes. If we become involved in a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or other transaction or if the ownership of all or substantially all of our business otherwise changes, we may share or transfer your information to a third party or parties in connection therewith.
5. Investigations and Law. Regardless of the choices you make regarding your information (as described below) and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may disclose information about you to third parties to:
6. Aggregated Anonymous Information. We may share aggregated anonymous information relating to visitors to and users of a Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
7. With Your Consent. We may use your information for any other purpose for which you consent.
8. Cookies; Web Beacons; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies; Web Beacons; Do Not Track below.
Cookies are small bits of information that are transferred to and stored in separate files within your computer’s browser.
You can instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies. But if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or all functionality of a Site.
Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects, also may be used.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual user’s online activities over time and across different websites when a user uses a Site.
While we take reasonable administrative, physical and technical measures to protect the information you submit via a Site against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Email sent to or from a Site may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
You have choices regarding the use of information on a Site.
2. Cookies; Web Beacons; Do Not Track. Please see Cookies; Web Beacons; Do Not Track above.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information through a Site. If you have reason to believe that we may have accidentally received personal information from an individual under age 18, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For customers located within the European Economic Area, you have various additional rights under local law to those set out above in relation to your personal information, such as to:
If you would like to exercise these rights or understand if they apply to you, please contact us using the details set out in How To Contact Us below.
Except as described in this policy or provided under data protection laws, there is no charge for the exercise of these rights. However, if your requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either: (a) charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or taking the action requested; or (b) refuse to act on the request.
Where we have reasonable doubts concerning the identity of the person making the request, we may request additional information necessary to confirm your identity.
If you reside in California, please read this section for additional disclosures about how we collect, use and disclosure information about you and your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (or “CCPA”) (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et. seq.)
Additional Disclosures Related to the Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Sale of Personal Information
Your Consumer Rights
The CCPA grants residents of California certain rights in relation to their personal information. If you are a California consumer, you have the following rights:
If you are a California resident, you may exercise your rights under the CCPA by visiting our request form here.
When you exercise your rights, to confirm your request and ensure we respect your privacy and security, we will prompt you to verify your identify by confirming your name, e-mail address, or phone number (or other identifiable information).